Pages

Monday, October 12, 2015

Journal 2

Using Digg is fun and an interesting way to personalize news. I also love that I can organize the categories into different folders. It is very user friendly! However, I get distracted really easy and I found myself adding categories about art , organization and political news. I am having a hard time using my RSS feeds in a way that can separate my  personal interests to the more relative information I need for this class. Also, I am very limited on the time I have available to read through the articles I find. It's easier for me to go through the lists of articles selected for me at one point of my day  and then go back at a later time to read them, but then sometimes I lose the article I intended to read.I really enjoy taking the time to read these articles, but I need more time to go through these on a daily basis. I found in my experience it's easier for me to do a weekly reading than to go through it daily in my current situation. Digg is a great way to get updated I just need to use it more effectively and integrate into my daily life.

The affinity group I joined is called Center For American Progress (CAP) this site employs an extensive communications and outreach effort that adapts to a rapidly changing media landscape. The reason I chose this group is because it covers education and I am interested in learning about teacher leadership. 

I would like to add another affinity group, but I am having a hard time finding one because I think I am too picky. I would like to find a group that is focused on developing applications for students something related to the growth of technologies for the sole reason of helping students. If someone knows of anything related to this  please let me know. 

Thanks! 

Q1.  How do I manage RSS feeds more effectively with time restraints ?
 It is a good idea to create folders according to what frame of mind you’re in at the time. For example, instead of just breaking down category of folders by theme.  Separate  them by current events, books, work related content, blogs and personal interest . This way it takes away the stress of feeling like your not reading what is most important or like you want to finish article, but do not have enough time. Separating these articles can help narrow the focus and allow you to get a just of how much time you might need to read a work related article versus blogs on your RSS feeds on Digg. 

Q2. How can I better search for an affinity group that matches my interests? 

One good way of finding an affinity group that matches one's interests is by reading the articles on your RSS feeds (Digg) and keep an eye out to see if that article has an affinity group tied to it in some way. Usually, you should be able to subscribe to the emailed articles and there are conferences one can attend to have more professional information regarding their career. 

No comments:

Post a Comment